Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Scary Adult Things Part II

Today I got the notice that my Roth IRA funds transfer has been completed.

Called the new company I chose through cross referencing books and articles on finances and they were genuinely nice and answering my questions as a new customer.

So that hurdle is over and I set up the automatic deduction from my paycheck for a chunk to be placed into the Roth IRA. This may elate some of my friends who I called up and told them that they are secondary beneficiaries to my account.

Although, I'm still not sure if Candra knows she's on there. Surprise Candra if I and my family dies you get some moolah!

It was interesting to see the names that popped in my head about who I thought meant enough to me as a friend that I would want to help them financially if I could. I know that it's because they are the three that have helped me the most. Thank you ladies. You mean the world to me... mostly in cooked meals, crashing somewhere when I need to, and dealing with me. That last one is a biggie.

The other 'wow' moment was seeing that the bank savings account I have (which has an average daily balance over that of the online savings account) scraped up a mere penny in interest. And the online savings account... it brought in 1.17. So that was encouraging that I made a good decision there.

Otherwise I am still preaching finances to all the women in my office and we've all been talking about money, how we handle money, and how it's such a taboo among most women. So I guess when people ask what I did over my summer vacation and I reply nothing. It's really that I started to take more notice in my need to be responsible for myself fiscally.

It's still scary in being an adult, but something I'm proud that I'm stepping up to.

Now to get a ton of cats and be that crazy old cat lady.

One of these days!

Ceasing Ramble.

No comments: