Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Weigh We Fall

I came home from work today after a taxing afternoon of appointments and plopped down almost immediately in my computer chair. Chatted away while I played some American Idol - Karaoke Revolution and turned that off promptly so I could check out the Biggest Loser.

I changed into my comfy clothes and plopped back down to watch the show.

I thought about my first year of graduate school and how I was working six days a week at a movie rental place, walking around and doing stocking, a somewhat sedentary job (but with quite a bit of moving) and then I would come home and do my exercise.

Now, I have a full-time job that is eight hours of sitting. I come home and I sit.

I've become ridiculous.

So as it comes with seeing those that are worse off with me, I have a chance to not get to the point that they are... I know that part of it is from the move of the activity of the job and how I would rather do workouts at 3 pm, but it is not time to blame.

It is time to take charge.

I've weighed myself tonight.

183.3 pounds.

The heaviest I've ever been. I know that. I've known that I've gained weight, but I've ignored it.

Day by day I've ignored it.

Right now as I wrap up this post I am going to walk on the treadmill for an hour. I've been in fights with the treadmill before. I think one will be fought there tonight and the next day and the next.

Next Tuesday morning there will be an update to see who is winning.

Ceasing Ramble.

Update: 1 hr and 400 calories and I'm the victor! - - It was a tough battle and the treadmill almost won, but show tunes overpowered!

No comments: