Monday, October 11, 2010

I Did Not, Infact, Die

Yes, I realize that I didn't blog for a week.

It seems without a daily nice conversation with Kamiah that I cannot force myself to do anything. I need the slight guilt. It helps me when I don't think I'm disappointing anyone.

Also, I forgot how draining enrollment season can be. Enrollment, where my days exist of back to back student appointments where they try to give up all traces of being an adult and just have me plan their lives. Which, I could do, I'm good at it, but that's not why I am an advisor.

Tuesday and Wednesday evening I worked athlete enrollment that is group enrollment in a hot and stuffy computer lab trying to work around practice commitments and the 'wants' of "Coach" many of the sports are a delight to work with and many of the athletes continue to rise above the stereotype of a college athlete. Because I work at a Division II school where you play not just for the scholarship, but for the degree. It's why I like Division II.

Granted to say that getting home late did not make me want to do anything, so I didn't.

Then I compared my weight drop to Wednesday's weight gain and went on a tailspin of GRAH.

I'm over that.

I just kicked my circuit workout's ass.

I'm not sure if it was seeing A Chorus Line over the weekend and wishing to have the drive of those dancers. Wanting something so bad that you work so hard at it... and for that to be a backup job supporting the lead.

There are two spots of A Chorus Line that break my heart. The beginning together walk to the line and slamming the headshots in front of their faces to show them as a resume, a factory line.

And then the end when they have become the factory line, we love One. We know the words, we saw them learn the steps, but now they're all alike. After spending 90 minutes knowing them individually you barely can pick them apart.

I could write sonnets, lyrical poems, and treaties on A Chorus Line, but really it's the feelings that it gives me that take me back to it every time I can.

Or it was just that the week is new and Kamiah's home.

Miles Walked: 8.405
Circuit Training
Beginner: 1 set - 3
Beginner: 2 sets - 2

Here's to a better week.

Ceasing Ramble.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now I want to see A Chorus Line. Which, bt-dubs, I've never seen live. Sadness.