Monday, October 13, 2008

Friend, How You Have Disappointed Me So

I worked for Domino's.

I loved Domino's.

I always made all my friends order Domino's.

I think those days might have ended.

So Nik and I were hungry on Sunday and in the sadness of not getting Beth to bring us food because she was working diligently on her Halloween costume, which at one point I plan on posting ridiculous amounts of pictures about, we decided to lazily call Domino's.

Nik ordered an order of hot wings. I ordered an order of chicken kickers that arrived with a little less kick than usual...



As you can see the normal ten piece chicken kicker order has actually been five pieces that are cut in half to equal ten pieces. I called and informed them that it looked like my chicken kickers had been, in fact, cut in half. I was put on hold. When they picked the phone back up they said that they cut kickers in half when they are "too big". I notified them that I used to work at Domino's and never did this in preparation. They offered to send another order, but couldn't promise that they wouldn't be cut in half as well.

I hung up the phone and stared at my sliced kickers and decided I needed to write a letter to Domino's. I'll update with the response, they hopefully will give soon.

On the part of the Domino's team they did bring another order and it was cut as well. These were a bit more soggy so I know that it was taken out on another run for the driver and they stopped by before heading to the store a mere two blocks away.

I've never been so disappointed by Domino's in the years of service, but this was a downer.

So if anyone else has had this happen... ever with Domino's please let me know. I feel like it is a 'store policy' only and that it is simply to keep down the kicker prep to save money and increase profit margins from the truck order.

But, I only worked there once, a "long time" ago and maybe things are different now.

Ceasing Ramble.

Edited to Add: If you were wondering Nik's wings were not cut in half because one of them was deemed "too big".

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I love Pizza Hut more now. Stupid Domino's.