Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 5: 30 Days of TV - A Show You Hate

Day 5: A show that you hate

Smallville.

I hate Smallville.

Which is big news coming from a girl who loves all things Superman. I was so excited when the promos came out for this show.



Look at how awesome it is! Clark is in the middle of a cornfield strung up like a scarecrow with a S painted on his chest! He's wearing a kryptonite necklace!

I was so excited of this show that the above poster festooned my residence hall room as I counted down the days to the premiere. I would geek out about the things they did right and loved that they cast his parents as Bo Duke and the original Lana Lang from the Superman movies.

And Allison Mack was amazing as the original character of Chloe...



But then it really started sucking. A lot.

I would keep trying to tune in, but it just infuriated me more and more each time I would watch it. While they would get images and the score was quiet good, the constant pounding over our heads that Lana was the almighty from heaven and Chloe was second banana just.. didn't ring true.

It also made me detest poor Kristen Kreuk who was later fond to be lovely on Chuck.

I finally just stopped watching because of how mad it made me. No matter how much I loved the character of Chloe and how much I loved Superman and origin stories Smallville ripped out all the good and pooped on it.

And don't even get me started on how it's STILL on air while Buffy and Angel are not.

Anger.

And check in on the others...
Beth
Dany
Jessie
Nikki

Ceasing Ramble.

1 comment:

Betty (Beth) said...

I totally remember that picture on our wall and how excited we were about the show... Such a waste.