Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Poor Man's Weight Loss Challenge

I was talking to Beth today and she told me that she had been working out everyday.

You must understand hearing Beth say that is like hearing Fred Phelps say that he loves gays, a whale speaking perfect British English while drinking tea, or for me to say I dislike Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I was amazed.

I asked her how long she's been doing this and she said since Friday.

Multiple days. I was impressed.

After working out tonight I gave her a call and issued a challenge.

Beth and I might be penny pinchers.

For everyday we catch the other not working out, cardio or weights, at least 20 minutes of sweat.

I work out on the treadmill, Beth does crazy dance workouts as coregraphed... by Beth. To each his own.

But if we don't work out a penny is owed. If we don't work out two days in a row a nickel is owed. If we don't work out three days in a row the big money comes out and a quarter is owed.

So begins the poor man's weight loss challenge as coined by the new Richard Simmons.

Updates will be made when I owe Beth the big coin and I'll keep track of the running monies that I get from Suzanne Somers.

For my personal weight loss I'm hoping for a 10% weight loss of 18.8 pounds as a first goal. I had made some progress when Kris Kringle decided to leave me four pounds for Christmas (he really shouldn't have). When I reach this goal I'll be able to buy my new TV. After that hitting a goal weight of 169.2 I will then go for the next 10% loss of 16.9 pounds. When hitting that goal weight I'll be able to buy an XBox 360 with a weight of 152.3. I don't have a time goal to go with this and the updates won't be as frequent as my last blog because I know that no one is as interested in my workouts as I am. (The same goes for my own personal fiances).


So here's hoping that Beth and I can slim down to where we were in this picture.


Interesting where you can find yourself after four years when you're not paying attention to your own body.


Ceasing Ramble.

5 comments:

Betty (Beth) said...

It's ON!!!!! ;-)

Belinda said...

I'll hold the money for you guys. What? I won't spend it!!! Anyhoo, good luck to you both! Inspire me to be better too, kay?

Bryce said...

I feel like there's a flaccid horns joke in here somewhere, but I can't find it.

B Fuhr said...

I found it! Richard Simmons.

I also love how all commenters names are starting with B, so far.

Belinda said...

That's because it's us cool kids with "B" names. Notice "Nikki" doesn't start with "B". She's a poser.